Ελληνική Εταιρεία Γονιδιακής Θεραπείας και Αναγεννητικής Ιατρικής
The Hellenic Society of Gene Therapy and Regenerative Medicine (GeneRegTher) was established in 29th of June 2014 at Volos, Greece, in an assembly of the founding members. The mission of our Society is to catalyze the interaction among scientists who work in Greece, establish collaborations with Greek scientists on the field working abroad and promote all the activities relative to gene therapy, cell therapy, regenerative medicine and to the field of advanced medicinal products.
The Strategic Goals of the Society are the following:
Membership status of the society
1. Full Members: individuals (physicians, biologists, biochemists, pharmacists, chemists, technicians, nurses and other bioscientists) who are employed on a constant basis in the field of gene and/or cell therapy and/or regenerative medicine in Greece. Greek scientists who are employed on a constant basis in the field of gene and/or cell therapy and/or regenerative medicine abroad.
2. Corresponding Members:
• individuals, physicians and other bioscientists, working in Greece in fields indirectly related to gene and/or cell therapy and/or regenerative medicine,
• physicians under specialty training,
• undergraduate or postgraduate students or individuals who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate, master, PhD or scientific program related to the aims of the society and
• non-Greek physicians and other bioscientists working abroad in the field of gene and/or cell therapy, and/or regenerative medicine.
3. Associate Members: individuals or legal entities who have a significant financial contribution to the Society are eligible to become associate members. Associate members can be simple members, donators, benefactors and great benefactors according to the level of their financial aid; the board of directors determines the amount of the donation that designates the different associate member status. The duration of the associate member status is temporary and valid for the next fiscal year